To book a place please get in touch
New Note is a charity based in Brighton that supports those affected by addiction, homelessness and other adverse life challenges through music.
New Note Dance is co-funded and supported by Create Recovery who believe that creativity enhances wellbeing and long-term abstinence from addiction.
Where & When
Pay What You Decide (Suggested donation between £5-£10)
Every Friday afternoon 2.15-4.15
South East Dance
The Dance Space, 2 Market St, Circus St, Brighton BN2 9AS
New Note Dance uses the Tamalpa Life /Art Process® to explore techniques that engage the body, focus the mind and open the imagination.
Each session will explore different themes of recovery whilst creating a safe space to support you to connect with your creativity.
New Note Dance uses six tools:
- Movement/Dance: Through movement we channel our personalities and explore our emotional landscapes
- Drawing: Drawings are used for inspiration and are gifts from our imagination
- Voice/Sound: Creating space to explore sounds that accompany our dances
- Dialogue: Communicating our individual and collective stories, allows us to become poets and storytellers
- Improvisation: Learning to play and be fully in the moment
- Performance: Experiencing collective excitement through performance alongside being seen and heard
There is absolutely no experience required.